RBS provides students with the best management education in an environment that stimulates intellectual growth. It recognizes that future management professionals need to pursue a variety of interests and develop themselves as all-round persons with concern for ethical andhuman values, which forms a part of the training at RBS.
The students participate in a variety of activities that supplement their classroom learning.
Seminars on a range of subjects relevant to the business world are conducted. Speakers from the corporate as well as the academia share their knowledge and insights with the students.
Workshops are organized with the help of faculty members who enable the students to learn and apply their theoretical knowledge in the real world situations.
Debates & Group Discussions are integral ingredients of the student’s day to day routine. These help in keeping the students stay abreast of current events, and at the same time enhance their group behaviour.
Corporate Communication Sessions give the participants an opportunity for enhancing their communication skills.
GENERAL AWARENESS SESSION
GA sessions are regularly held to enhance students’ awareness about a diverse range of contemporary issues. These sessions focus on developing students’ soft skills and an understanding of socio-economic and political issues through individual, diad, triad and group exercises. Students are encouraged to demonstrate their original thinking while making a presentation or participating in a group discussion. An instructor present in these sessions provides feedback to each and every student on the areas of strength and weakness. Each student is motivated to perform better in the next session.
MANAGERIAL ORAL COMMUNICATION
Designed to improve their presentation skills, these sessions include extempore talks, power point presentation and group discussions. Students are given six topics to analyse and collect as much information on them as possible. The instructor selects one topic out of the six and the manner in which it will be presented. These sessions are interactive as well as extremely competitive. The emphasis is not only on the content but structural thinking and lucidity in communication.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Ravenshaw Business School has various thematic clubs managed by students. These clubs conduct activities like Quiz, Games, Paper presentations, Guest lectures, Debates etc. Through these clubs the students organize periodic events and interact with likeminded individualsand experts. The clubs in six functional areas are :
Cultural Club : Akriti
Debate Club : Awaaz
Operations Club : Opus
Finance Club : Financius
HR-Club : en-masse
Marketing Club : Forum
1. Children’s Day with orphanage students (Jasoda bhaban) Interacted with them Served foods Arranged competitions and rewarded them with prizes
2. Day at a B-school Was for all the MBA aspirants Lectures on Finance, Marketing and OB Business Game
3. Blood donation Camp on Valentine Day Collected 102 units of blood with the help of Red Cross of Orissa
4. Inter-department Debate Competition
5. Participated in various Inter-B-School competitions and won prizes in different areas
6. Participated in plantation program organized by TEERTH foundation
1. Urmi, published since 1921 is the heritage house journal of West Hostel which now houses the students of RBS as inmates. There is a surge of interests in bringing out Urmi in a renovated form.
2. Dramatic Club, Literary Club, Art & Film Appreciation Club are some of the other extracurricular groups that the students of RBS have formed.
3. The Annual Festival of RBS is the highlight of the year. The students as well as administration join together to make this event a success.
4. Apart from this, students celebrate various festivals in the campus and also support socially relevant causes.